ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL 31 JULY
RESEARCHING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN TRANSITION ECONOMIES:
Is free trade working for transitional and developing economies?
We are really excited by the number and quality of abstracts and papers we’ve received by now. Obviously the University of Belgrade - Faculty of Economics, the REDETE partner and host has contributed to the success.
In order to maximise the opportunity for an increasing number of scholars asking for more time to submit abstract or papers, we are pleased to extend the deadline for abstract submission to 31 July 2016
We are pleased to invite you to the 5th REDETE conference, which will take place in Belgrade, Serbia, 28-30 October 2016. As the Conference title suggests, we welcome research papers that examine key trends and challenges of free trade in transitional and developing countries. In that context, the most concerning questions/issues are:
- Should countries regulate foreign investment?
- Is foreign capital essential?
- Does culture influence economic development?
- What is bad about privatisation?
- Private versus state enterprises.
- Can financial prudence go too far?
- Does corruption harm economic development?
Apart from these general questions the scope for research questions related to entrepreneurship is unlimited.
Free trade or economic liberalisation is increasing linked to international relations and international negotiations between countries. In other words, political competitions determine the individual government's policy preferences. Therefore, a number of the conference tracks are devoted to the associated teams.
We shall particularly value papers based on reach empirical data and methodologically innovative research, and encourage doctoral students and young researchers to prepare their evolving research for the writing workshop that will be organised during the Conference.
We shall have again a selection of distinguished scholars as key notes and special guests
- Prof. Johan Gaddefors, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics, Sweeden
- Prof. Peter Rosa, The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. Joern Kleinert, University of Graz, Institute of Economics
- Prof. Andrew Burke, Trinity College Dublin, the Dean of Business Studies, Ireland
- Prof. Alistair R. Anderson - Robert Gordon University, UK, (Editor of Entrepreneurship & Regional Development)
- Prof. Predrag Bjelic, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
- Prof. Donato Iacobucci, University of Ancona, Italy
- Prof. Vassilios Fouskas, University of East London, UK, (Editor of the Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies)
- Prof. Dejan Jovic, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Political Science, Croatia
- Prof. Roy Thurik, Erasmus School of Economics and Free University in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ruta Aidis, PhD,CEO and Founder ACG Inc., Senior Fellow, School of Policy, Government and International Affairs George Mason University, USA
Abstract submission (300-700 words): deadline 31 July 2016
Notification of acceptance: 15 August 2016
Full paper submission deadline: 1 September 2016
Review results/acceptance notification: 15 September 2016
Registration from: 15 September 2016
Conference: 28-30 October, 2016
Abstract and final papers should be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Instructions for authors in the attachm).
THE CONFERENCE FEE:
Participant (attending / paper presenting author): 200 EUR
Accompanying co-author: 150 EUR
Publishing only (without attending / presentation): 150 EUR
Doctoral students: 120 EUR
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any question you might have:
Zoran Borovic (conference secretary): email@example.com, +387 (0) 65 607 070
Jovo Ateljevic (the chair): firstname.lastname@example.org, +387 (0) 65 412 521